Most everyone wants to reduce their stress. For business owners, executives and managers, stress can emanate from a number of departments but one of the most chaotic is the service dispatch office. Daily issues encountered by service companies include:
- Service Managers forget to schedule service calls
- Dispatchers struggle to track tasks, parts, and personnel
- Driver and service techs could be more productive
- Processes break down when crises arise
How does this impact your bottom line?
The inefficiencies caused by these issues can really add up. A few areas where the impact is felt are:
- High fuel and maintenance costs
- Excessive labor costs
- Sub par revenue
- Elevated service complaints and customer turnover
- High employee stress and low morale
The bottom line is everyone is doing their best, but profits vaporize!
What’s the answer?
A study by Penn State University determined that human dispatchers can manage only fewer than ten vehicles without the aid of technology. Automated routing, scheduling and dispatching software allows human dispatchers to perform their jobs more effectively and with less stress. The routing and dispatching constraints handled by modern service automation systems simplify the dispatch function and encapsulate dispatcher knowledge so businesses no longer lose all the expertise when a human dispatcher leaves the company. The benefits to the company are immediate, significant and long-lasting. For example, on average the users of FleetChief Route find it:
- Reduces fuel & maintenance costs by 25%
- Reduces labor and associated costs by up to 40%
- Increases service revenues by 10%
- Decreases vehicle routing time by up to 75%
- Improves customer satisfaction
- Reduces your stress by 13.5%!
Okay so maybe that last statistic is bit subjective but the fact is, making and sustaining operational improvements significantly reduces your (and perhaps your boss’) stress, and who doesn’t want that? So Contact us to see how FleetChief Route can boost service productivity and your company’s bottom line, and restore sanity to your dispatch office!