So you have created fantastic routes that minimize miles traveled and total labor hours, and maximize productive work time while adhering to all your business rules, what now? With most systems you can only print the route sheets and hand them to your workers, or maybe send them an e-mail or stop list to their smart phone or GPS. However, you know that lots of things happen during the day that impact how resources should be allocated, and that might require the routes to be adjusted. Also, there is lots of information used during the routing and dispatching process that is not supported by most routing systems.
Unlike competitive routing products, FleetChief also supports common but somewhat complex dispatching workflows including:
- Wireless dispatching to field technicians
- Notifying customers about scheduled ETAs before finalizing routes
- Monitoring field activities and service status in real-time
- Modifying assignments due to changing conditions
- Assigning and dispatching emergency jobs
- Tracking product throughput over time at transshipment and cross-dock facilities
- Confirming work completion for automated invoicing
- Managing driver shifts and vehicle availability schedules
FleetChief is well suited for dynamic, fast-paced environments where schedules change frequently and emergency jobs arise. Simplified dispatching is just one of the many capabilities provided by FleetChief. How might your company benefit from a state-of-the-art online service optimization system? Contact us to find out.