Manually routing and scheduling service vehicles or mobile workers who visit customer locations is difficult for even relatively small fleets. A Penn State University study concluded it is impossible for humans to schedule more than about 10 vehicles efficiently. Throw in real-world constraints such as service time windows, capacity and inventory limitations, reload capabilities, or specialized skill or tool requirements, and the problem quickly becomes intractable.
FleetChief is a (Software as a Service) SaaS solution that bridges the gap between the high cost and complexity of enterprise capable routing and scheduling systems and the simple to use but less powerful online offerings. It combines the power to solve large problems containing real-world constraints with an intuitive interface that does not require training.
Specifically, FleetChief handles the following real-world constraints:
- Multi-vehicle, multi-depot capacitated vehicle routing
- Fixed, hourly and mileage based costs
- Large problem size including dozens of routes and hundreds of jobs per day
- Date or day-of-week specific job scheduling
- Unlimited time windows per customer location
- Mid-shift unload / reload
- Driver skills and equipment or tool requirements
- Throughput or storage capacities at transshipment or cross-dock facilities
- Linked jobs which must be assigned to same route, or a single job serviced by different routes at same time
FleetChief optimizes your entire operation simultaneously, not a single route at a time, which is much more efficient. FleetChief also schedules non-service tasks (e.g, vehicle inspections, lunch, fueling, etc) and automates the workflow associated with such tasks.
Optimized service schedules and vehicle routes are just a few of the many capabilities provided by FleetChief. How might your company benefit from state-of-the-art online service scheduling and vehicle routing?