What would the world be like without Global Positioning Systems (GPS)? GPS has been a huge boon for businesses over the past decade. Countless hours, billions of gallons of gasoline, and millions of trees have been saved as drivers no longer get lost, navigate inefficient routes, or reference paper maps or directions. Similarly, Telematics allows companies to operate more efficiently by using sensors and wireless data to monitor vehicles and equipment. Even though these technologies are relatively new, it’s hard to imagine the world without GPS and telematics.
FleetChief uses GPS and telematics to:
- Track equipment and people
- Assign the closest resource to jobs
- Estimate job start and completion times more accurately
- Monitor tank levels and auxiliary equipment usage
- Audit driver behavior and record engine diagnostics
- Ensure only authorized people operate equipment
- Prevent equipment from being operated in prohibited areas
FleetChief has utilized GPS technology since the first “black boxes” came out around the millennium. However, GPS is ineffective indoors so FleetChief uses other technologies such as barcode scanning, RFID and beacon technology to monitor equipment and people working indoors.
The ability to monitor equipment and people is just one of the many capabilities provided by FleetChief. How might your company benefit from a state-of-the-art online service optimization system? Contact us to find out.